Paradise is a weekend getaway in Door County
Ephraim, Fish Creek, Baileys Harbor, Sturgeon Bay, Washington Island, Sister Bay, the list goes on. Whether it is on the bay side or lake side each place has something special to offer. There are countless things to look forward to when coming to Door County. To help organize your (and our) thoughts, at Ephraim Shores Resort we have composed a list of the top 10 reasons why the perfect vacation is a weekend getaway in Door County.
- Miles of beach – After a long winter there is nothing better than sinking your feet into the sand, and in Door County, there are miles of it. With all of the shoreline, there is also plenty of water to put in a kayak, take the family out for a boat ride or just splash around.
- Scenic park trails – There are numerous trails throughout Door County that can be enjoyed for running, biking, or just to take in the beauty. Eagle Trail and Sunset Bike Path are at Peninsula State Park, less than a mile away from Ephraim Shores. Some other favorites are at Cave Point County Park and Newport State Park.
- Gorgeous flowers in bloom – It starts with the cherry blossoms and trillium this month in May and just keeps getting better. There is something blooming from spring to fall that can be enjoyed in the wild or in the beautifully planned and cultivated beds on the grounds of many local businesses and residences.
- Amazing photo ops – From the aforementioned parks and flowers to the tops of bluffs and lighthouses, a professional photographer or an amateur on their iPhone will be busy here. Check out Sven’s Bluff, Eagle Bluff, Ellison Bluff, and Cana Island Lighthouse, just to name a few, for views that are just as gorgeous from the top as from the water below. Anderson’s Dock has the ever popular graffittied warehouse that is also perfect for your weekend getaway in Door County social media posts.
- Unique stores and shops – From boutiques to home decor stores, Door County has it all so you can shop until you drop (and when you drop Ephraim Shores is waiting for you).
- Eclectic art – Art lovers rejoice in Door County with its multitude of art galleries, theatre, music, concerts and art classes that are available. There is something to ignite that creative spark in everyone.
- Varied cuisine – Treat yourself to one of the plethora of unique restaurants and enjoy something different, from traditional Scandinavian fish boils and lingonberry pancakes to European soups, ice cream and anything made with Door County cherries. Or take in one of the local breweries or wineries.
- Festival fun – No matter the time of year, fun can be found in Door County. Celebrations feature many of Door County’s amenities ranging from art, beer, history, to the seasons.
- Rich history of Door County – The last 100 years have brought attention to Door County. During WWI and WWII, Sturgeon Bay was a shipbuilding hot spot. Additionally, in the 1940s, Door County drew in about 10,000 workers for the cherry picking industry. In the early 1900’s, Door County became the place to go to escape the midwest summer city heat. Now Door County is a top pick for midwest family vacations.
- The people – The welcoming people of Door County are what make this place so easy to come back to. All of us here at Ephraim Shores can’t wait to see you soon when you are here for your weekend getaway in Door County!
Ephraim Shores Resort: A waterfront Door County resort for the whole family
Located in downtown Ephraim, with a private sundeck overlooking Eagle Harbor, Ephraim Shores Resort is the family-friendly resort for groups of all sizes. From our many room types to our beautiful waterfront location, Ephraim Shores has everything your family needs for the perfect vacation. Some of our amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, and bikes for our guests to use. Contact us at 877-854-2371 or visit our website at ephraimshores.com to make your reservation.
View original post on weekend getaway in Door County here.