Over 100 years ago, families would go to Door County to escape the city summer heat. Now families are just trying to find time to get together in the summer. Between everyone’s different schedules and preferences on where to go, it’s nearly impossible to find a time and a place. So, make the easy choice and plan one of your midwest family vacations at the spot that feels like home and has something fun for everyone, Door County.
With such a wide range of options to put on the itinerary, the whole family will enjoy summer in Door County for the next vacation. Ephraim Shores Resort is your go-to place to stay with our central location.
Why Door County is the best place for midwest family vacations:
- Door 44 Winery – Located in Sturgeon Bay, Door 44 Winery provides a beautiful vineyard to walk through while sipping on wine samples in the Door County summer sunshine.
- Door Peninsula Winery – With over 55 wines and ciders to try, a day in Carlsville to visit the Door Peninsula Winery sounds good to us.
Water and Land Sports
- Waverunners, pontoons, and paddle boats – A highlight of midwest family vacations is being on the water. These watercraft can be rented from South Shore Pier, just steps away from Ephraim Shores for a day of fun on the bay.
- Kayaking – Rent kayaks or do a guided tour with gorgeous scenery through Kayak Door County.
- Fishing – Door County offers some of the best fishing waters in the country, so don’t forget your fishing pole!
- Golf – Door County is home to 11 beautiful golf courses, with the waterside Peninsula State Park Golf Course less than a mile from Ephraim Shores.
- Hiking and Biking – Peninsula State Park’s scenic trails are calling your name. Use one of our bikes or grab your hiking shoes and camera to enjoy the natural beauty.
- Ephraim, and almost every other city in Door County, is lined with unique boutiques, beach shops, art galleries and everything in between, with the water still in sight. It’s not a guilty pleasure, it’s an adventure on midwest family vacations exploring all the different shops.
- Ephraim Public Beach – We know, a vacation isn’t a vacation without some time spent on the beach. The Ephraim Public Beach is just down the road from us.
- Nicolet Beach – Located only a mile from Ephraim Shores, Nicolet Beach in Peninsula State Park is fun and relaxing for the whole family.
With this start, it’s easy to see why midwest family vacations in Door County are the best. Book yours at Ephraim Shores today!
A waterfront Door County resort for the whole family
Located in downtown Ephraim, with a private sundeck overlooking Eagle Harbor, Ephraim Shores Resort is the family-friendly resort for groups of all sizes. From our many room types to our beautiful waterfront location, Ephraim Shores has everything your family needs for the perfect vacation. Some of our amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, and bikes for our guests to use. Contact us at 877-854-2371 or visit our website at ephraimshores.com to make your reservation.
View original post on midwest family vacations here.