Planning one more summer trip to Ephraim? This summer has seen its share of high temperatures and there is no better place to spend a hot day than at an Ephraim beach. So break out the sunscreen and prepare to dip those toes in the water because it’s beach weather!
While staying at our family resort by Peninsula State Park, a drive to Nicolet Bay Beach is not much farther. The sheltered beach has plenty of waterfront and you can rent hydro bikes, stand-up paddleboards and kayaks right from the Nicolet Bay Beach Camp Store.
The water is gorgeous no matter which Ephraim beach you choose, but it is important to be prepared for a day at the beach.
Bring the right items to an Ephraim beach to make for a fun day
No trip to the beach is complete without a few basics. Here is a quick list of things you should have with you for any trip to an Ephraim beach.
- Large mesh beach bag — Every trip to the beach starts with a good bag to hold everything.
- Flip flops — The sand can be hot and also hard to get off wet feet.
- Sunscreen — The sun coming off the water can burn you pretty quickly, so bring at least an SPF 30.
- Large beach towel — One towel or blanket is needed to stake your spot.
- Plastic bucket and shovel — Every sandcastle starts with these.
- Ball or frisbee — Some toys to toss around in the water are crucial for fun.
- Good book or new magazine — A great time for your favorite vacation reading material is between dips in the water.
- Snacks — Foods individually wrapped or in resealable containers work well to keep them fresh.
- Reusable water bottle — It gets warm out there so drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
Don’t worry, if you forgot to bring something from home. There are some great local shops to stock up on items when you are on your way to an Ephraim beach. If you forget some basics, Nelson Shopping Center True Value is just south of Ephraim. Beach People, which has some fun small items to bring to the beach, and The Ephraim Kayak Center, where you can rent silent water sports equipment, are right in Ephraim.
Don’t wait to book your trip to Ephraim Shores. Dates fill up quickly and these hot days in Wisconsin are limited to spend time at an Ephraim beach.
Ephraim Shores Resort: A waterfront Door County resort for the whole family
Located in downtown Ephraim, with a private sundeck overlooking Eagle Harbor, Ephraim Shores Resort is the family-friendly resort for groups of all sizes. From our many room types to our beautiful waterfront location, Ephraim Shores has everything your family needs for the perfect vacation. Some of our amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, and bikes for our guests to use. Contact us at 877-854-2371 or visit our website at ephraimshores.com to make your reservation.