Nothing is more important than preserving privacy when organizations entrust their sensitive information to third party records and data storage companies such as ARMS Inc. That is why ARMS takes steps to provide additional assurances for our customers that privacy and security are the highest priorities in our operations.
Chief among ARMS’s certifications is PRISM Privacy+ issued through PRISM International, the global trade association for information management companies. In order to achieve PRISM Privacy+ certified status, ARMS was required to establish and have a third-party audit of internal controls designed to meet a specific set of control objectives designed to preserve information privacy. Those control objectives were established by PRISM International.
Participation in Privacy+ is voluntary and enables ARMS to publicly demonstrate our commitment to protecting the privacy of our customers’ information. This certification applies to our physical storage and handling of hard-copy records and off-line removable computer media.
PRISM’s Program Complies with Regulatory Directives
PRISM seeks to maximize the trust created by working with ARMS as a Privacy+ certified organization by using the following regulations and standards as privacy guidelines:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) “Red Flags Rules”
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) SSAE No. 16, Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA)
- State information security laws, including 201 CMR 17.00
- European Data Protection Directive
ARMS is one of only 30 records centers around the world to meet the stringent criteria required to earn PRISM Privacy+ certification. We voluntarily submit to annual audits in our continuing efforts to adhere to this standard. Contact us today to learn more about our certifications and how ARMS can customize your organization’s information management program.
Full-Service Information Management and Destruction Services
ARMS is an industry leader in records and information technology solutions, providing organizations “best practice” consulting in the Green Bay, Wisconsin, area and across the United States. ARMS is an SSAE 16-audited company that meets today’s information regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, HITECH and FACTA. Services include traditional document storage, certified information destruction, data protection and media vaulting, and automated workflow solutions.
For more information about ARMS, please call 877-764-2767 or visit https://arms4rim.com/.
View original article on Prism Privacy+ here.