Retaining your organization’s document storage operations inside your own building is a comfortable option for the part of the subconscious mind that enjoys control. The problem with self-regulated storage of important or sensitive documents is it creates unnecessary risk for your organization on many levels.
As leader in records and information management, ARMS Inc., works with businesses and organizations to craft strategies that enhance security while maintaining and potentially simplifying access concerns with the utilization of records storage and backup media rotation services.
Why your organization should consider off-site document storage
- Save space– This one would seem to be a no-brainer, as most organizations have better things to do with their valuable square footage than store boxes of documents. However, the confident feeling that comes from being able to see those boxes can overpower the knowledge that they would be better off in a secure, off-site facility.
- Save money– Affordable document storage services from a specialist such as ARMS helps reduce expenses generated by wasted staff time, supplies and dedicated room space.
- Increased security– Few organizations that store documents in their own buildings invest in the level of security provided by document storage specialists. Oftentimes all it takes is a key to access sensitive documents stored on-site – sometimes not even that – while external providers such as ARMS have comprehensive security processes in place that make it virtually impossible for unapproved individuals to gain access.
- Disaster protection – Aside from security, this is perhaps the most important aspect of contracting with an off-site document storage provider. ARMS’s records center is constructed of steel and concrete, with extensive fire detection and suppression systems in place to immediately knock down flames.
- Cataloging for fast access– ARMS offers 24/7/365 accessibility to the records we store for approved personnel, along with a GPS-tracked courier service for specific document requests.
Information Management and Destruction Services from ARMS Inc.
ARMS is an industry leader in records and information technology solutions, providing organizations “best practice” consulting in the Green Bay, Wisconsin, area and across the United States. ARMS is an SSAE 16-audited company that meets today’s information regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, HITECH and FACTA. Services include traditional document storage, certified information destruction, data protection and media vaulting, and automated workflow solutions.
View original article on document storage here.